The Ui24R is very flexible in how you can connect to it… Most types of connection can be used together but you cannot use the Ui24R’s own WiFi hotspot if you are connecting it via WiFi to an existing network – (1).
The options are:
- WiFi Hotspot – the Ui24r runs its own webserver and transmits a WiFi signal
- HDMI – you can connect an HDMI screen (either touch or non-touch) and you can add a mouse and a keyboard via USB
- LAN Peer-to-Peer – you can connect a laptop directly with just a Cat5 cable
- LAN to a router – you can connect your Ui24r to an existing network via a Cat5 cable or create a new network round a router and connect with a Cat5 cable.
- WiFi to a router – you can connect your Ui24r to an existing network via WiFi or create a new network round a router and connect via WiFi.
- If you connect a computer or laptop you can add a touch screen to the computer.
If you use a WiFi connection, for the best results read these tips.